Monday, June 29, 2009

Salty n' Sweet

I know this sounds strange - I surely thought it was when I saw it in this month's Southern Living - but the more I thought about it the better it sounded. I grew up eating Potato Chip Cookies at Christmas, so this isn't that far off. Give it a go, will you?

Salty n' Sweet Ice Cream Truffles

1 pt. vanilla ice cream
parchment paper
2 cups crushed Lays Classic Potato Chips

Let ice cream stand alone at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.

Meanwhile, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place in freezer. Pour crushed potato chips into a shallow dish.

Scoop ice cream into 24 small balls using a scoop, and roll in crushed potato chips. Arrange on prepared pan in freezer. Freeze for 30 minutes. Serve immediately, or freeze in a zip-lock for up to a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...