Saturday, August 15, 2009

Adventures in Brooklyn: Habana Outpost



Imagine my surprise: I was strolling through Fort Greene of all places (got lost on the way back from the Brooklyn Flea - side note, Fort Greene is better than the DUMBO one) and I stumbled upon Habana Outpost. I was so excited to see such a colorful, fun, place with good music, packed with people holding frozen drinks. I was even more surprised to find out it was completely green - solar powered!!! They have a bike powered blender on the weekends for all those frozen mojitos they pump out, and the entire place is touted as being completely "eco friendly." Even more surprising - same owners as my neighb go-to joint, Cafe Habana! There's a flea market during the day and at night they show films on projection screens. It reminded me of the perfect summer playground....with delicious corn, to boot.

Photos courtesy of Yelp and Nymag.

Habana Outpost is located in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, right on Lafayette Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...