Friday, August 21, 2009

Green Apple...and Watermelon, and Pineapple, and Mango...

I am a sorbet/gelato aficionado (Ferrara's sees way too much of me and my $), so of course I jumped when grubstreet reported the opening of a sliver of a store, Green Apple, last week. I marched the two blocks over to them and was excited to see flavors like blueberry, green tea, watermelon, mango, pineapple....and almost melted (more) when I tried watermelon and pineapple. For $4 you get two scoops of heavenly, delicious sorbet or gelato made of absolutely fresh fruits. My watermelon and pineapple did not taste syrupy, but perfectly cold and sweet, like biting into the actual fruit. If I were you I'd jump out of line at Ciao Bella and head on down to Green Apple, where they're so happy to have your business you can't help but smile.

Green Apple is located on Mott Street between Spring and Kenmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...