Sunday, October 18, 2009

Adventures in Shopping: Department Stores


Never in my fashion life have I seen something like this: The Rachel Rachel Roy "Transformer." But I'll get there.

One day, I got lost on my way to get tights at Macy's and ended up on the 2nd floor, and in a very Rachel Zoe moment was all, "what is this place?". Macy's in Herald Square sells See By Chloe, Anna Sui, Betsey Johnson, Love Moschino...all with the opportunity to use one of the many, many coupons that Macy's is always offering. I went into shop-mode, which is a very rare thing for me these days, and started grabbing things like someone else would snatch them, even though the place was nearly empty. (8:30 on a Wednesday - you can breathe!)

A couple of days later I had to return the bulk of what I bought because I never bothered to try it on, but while I was there, I basically swapped the ill-fitting items for more stuff, including this fabulous Rachel Rachel Roy piece. It can be worn four different ways, and for only $150 (got 25% off, yeah!), it was well worth the buy. The entire collection is so disgustingly perfect and surprisingly well made. I highly suggest high-tailing it to a Macy's near you to check out the goods!

This is actually a very pretty black/purple tweed with a tiny bit of lurex running through it. Who knew!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...