Friday, November 27, 2009

Red Lips At Night, Chicster's Delight

Leighton's been rocking the red lips quite a bit lately, which led to me venturing out to get crimson lipsticks and liners of my own. For the last eternity, I've only worn lip gloss (shout out to Clinque Airkiss) and lip balm, so color - especially one this bold - is a huge step for me.

Pale skin, dark hair, red lip - it can look a little goth, but vampires are in (and wizards are out), so I'm rolling with it. And I love it! My face looks more alive and sophisticated in pictures. It's not something I'd wear every day, but on special occasions I'll bust it out for a bit of glam.

Keep these tips in mind when testing out your crimson kisser:

1. Pick the right red for you. I'd recommend having a professional or an honest friend help you choose the right red for your skin tone.

2. The paler the skin, the more the pop!

3. Line your lips first - the edges AND the entire lip. It gives something for the color to hold on to.

4. Keep the rest of your makeup minimal so the focus is on your luscious lips.

5. Avoid wearing head to toe pastel or head to toe black - both are too harsh in the extremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...