Via CasaSugar, packing tips, for all of you who are going on honeymoons (!) or vacations. I’m, however, only going to Atlanta as usual this summer. Boo. Anyone want to sponsor a mini-vacation for me?
- 1. Lay heavy items (shoes, books, toiletries, etc.) down first.
- 2. Slip small trinkets (sunglasses, hair brush, etc.) inside your shoes, or any hollow items to use up space.
- Roll up your apparel and textiles and arrange them around the heavy items. This is the tightest way to pack them, and will minimize creases in your clothes. Fold your stiffer clothes.
- Lay the waist of your pants at one of edge of the suitcase, letting the hems hang outside the suitcase. Lay the next pair of pants with its waist on the opposite edge, also letting the hems hang outside the suitcase. Continue alternating with all of your pants. Then, fold the legs of your pants all at once back into the suitcase, from the left and right sides.
- Lay plastic wrap on top of your clothes, or in between each layer of clothing. This will prevent items from wrinkling in transit because they will slide against the wrap, not allowing them to stand still long enough to crease.
- Wrap your breakables in bubble wrap or in soft clothing in the middle of your bag, buffered by other clothing.
- Place your necessities, or the things you'll need first, on top, such as pajamas and a toothbrush if you're arriving at night.
image via getty