Monday, July 26, 2010

Limelight on Lindsay!

A loong, long time ago (when our background was inexplicably purple?!), we interviewed tastemaker Lindsay Cowles on her new Los Angeles apartment and her design inspiration. Since then, Lindsay’s taken up painting – and they’re ridiculous-good. Like, buy one now good. Affordable and ready to be shipped and hung on a wall near you! I sat down with Lindsay once again to speak of her new-found hobby (and maybe future career?).
Hey Lindsay! Thanks for taking the time out again to do a little post with us – really appreciate it. Where do you find your inspiration?
I find my inspiration in life--past, present and future--in the things that I have experienced, the places that I have been, the people in my life, the things I experience every day and my dreams of the future.  Since I started painting, I find myself noticing colors and textures everywhere, even in the sidewalks.astroid24x24.495
“Asteroid”, 24”x24”, $495
confetti8x8SOLD
“Confetti”, 8”x8” SOLD
What are you using materials wise?
For now, I am working with oil on canvas.  There are a lot of other mediums that I want to try to create depth and texture.  I am definitely going to venture into those soon!
inception12x12.295
Inception, 12”x12”, $295
canyon12x12.195
“Canyon”, 12”x12”, $295
lilypad8x8.100
“Lilypad”, 8”x8”, $100
'independenceII10x10.175
“Independence II”, 10”x10” $175
If someone wants to connect with you for a commissioned painting, how can they reach you?
I can be reached on my cell at 917.232.3183 or by email at lindsaycowles@gmail.com.  My work is also featured on my facebook page (Lindsay Cowles art), on Etsy (www.etsy.com/shop/lindsaycowles) and on my blog www.lindsaycowlesart.blogspot.com).
oceanview10x10.175
“Oceanview”, 10”x10”, $175
blossom16x16.395
“Blossom”, 16”x16”, $395
      
And a final word from Lindsay herself:
“I have been interested in art for as long as I can remember.  When I was a child, my parents sent me to art classes at VCU on the weekends.  I continued classes at St. Catherine's all the way through high school, but when I got to UVA, I stopped creating art.  About three months ago, I decided to change that.  I was home in Richmond visiting my family for a few weeks and had the pleasure of watching my sister work on her senior art project.  Her creativity and talent inspired me so much that I got up immediately and ran to the art supply store.  Although I was a little intimidated to pick up the brush at first, but I pushed my insecurity aside and went for it.  I am so glad that I did.  It's something that has been missing in my life for too many years.   Through art, I am able to get in touch with myself--to understand my life, my thoughts, my motivation and my direction.  I now have an outlet that allows me to explore my thoughts, feelings and experiences; transpose them onto a canvas; and share them with others.”

Thanks Lindsay for another great creative contribution!

1 comment:

  1. I love my friend Lindsay's work. I didn't know she could paint until she whipped out these! I want to fill my wall space with them all. They inspire me to want to paint! I love her use of colors and textures. Very individual, but I feel like I can relate to them! Go Lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...