Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Reading List

What are you reading this summer? I am re-reading each of these books in an attempt to do writing research for my TK essays…some of my favorites I wanted to share with you. Enjoy!

 

Essays about being Southern & living in New York – hilarious and pitch perfect!

I Totally Meant to Do That

Jane Borden

[I TOTALLY MEANT TO DO THAT] BY Borden, Jane (Author) Broadway Books (publisher) Paperback

 

The Barney’s CD’s book is witty, twisted, and surprisingly true.

Beautiful People

Simon Doonan

 

I love this book. It takes me only hours to read – a perfect encapsulation of New York in the 80’s as a young girl tries to get herself together.

Story of  My Life

Jay McInerney

Story of My Life

 

God, I love this book. I LOVE Sloane Crosley. I want my novels to be as awesome as hers. In doing research for my memoir essays I’ve found that she kicks David Sedaris’ butt. Really.

How Did You Get This Number

Sloane Crosley

How Did You Get This Number

 

Observational read into the lives of the British elite, a comedy of manners.

SNOBS

Julian Fellowes

Snobs

 

The thrilling, chilling, tale of an American in Italy – it helps to visualize Matt, Jude, and Gwyneth but the book is even better than the movie.

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Patricia Highsmith

The Talented Mr. Ripley

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...