Thursday, April 19, 2012

Milk Bar & I Finally Make Contact

And as usual, I went about it wrong. But we'll get to that.

Momofuku Milk Bar, located on 13th st and 2nd avenue, dangerously close to my apartment, has, for one reason or another, not been too high on my list of priorities which is shocking given what they sell. Their wares include soft-serve in flavors like cereal milk and fried apple pie, cake truffles in birthday cake and chocolate malt, candy bar pie, crack pie, and a great range of interesting cookies. Um, yum! 


Faced with too many options, I got a trio of cookies and the infamous "Crack Pie" and made it as far as the bench outside before ripping open all four of the containers. I made the grave error of taking down the crack pie in exactly one half of a block. That thing was damn good. Butter, brown sugar, egg, and just a few more ingredients all swirled into a slice of ooey gooey goodness. 



{my crack pie}



Corn cookie: sugar, butter, flour, corn powder, corn flour

Compost cookie: brown sugar, butter, flour, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, graham crumbs, pretzels, potato chips, cream milk powder, coffee grounds

Cornflake chocolate chip marshmallow cookie: butter, flour, cornflakes, brown sugar, sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows

I then, being the democratic and experimental type, proceeded to open each and every cookie I got and nibble bits of each off of them as I walked. However, my palate was so stimulated by the Crack Pie that I couldn't even begin to comprehend the flavor profiles exploding on my tongue. I reassessed when I got home and deduced that 

the corn cookie was quite good, albeit very corny

the compost was a home run with the pretzels and coffee grounds and graham crumbs

the cornflake chocolate chip marshmallow was dense adn not my favorite 

Have you had Milk Bar? What do you like? I'm dying to try the cereal milk soft serve next! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...