Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Met Ball Favorites!

BEST OVERALL:

Emma Stone in Lanvin

She looks happy, age appropriate, on trend, and fun - and who wouldn't look good with Alber on your arm? I LOVE this. 


BEST SHORT: 

Kate Bosworth in Prada

She looks ridiculous, like a mid-90s Kate Moss. That lipstick seen all over the red carpet last night was killing me but it works here with this throwback style. 



BEST COLOR: 

Constance Jablonski in Haider Ackermann

Low, blue, and bows - three of my favorite things. The dress just feels fresh and young and has a little bit of exotica with the fringed shawl panel. 



BEST BLUE: 

Caroline Trentini in Olivier Theyskens

Now this is what modern looks like. 


BEST BEADED: 

Rosie Huntington-Whitely in Burberry Prorsum

I personally think Burberry killed it last night with their three well dressed ladies. Rosie never, ever makes a misstep and file this under "cha-ching" - she's on the money for a glamorous, chilly NY night. 


BEST BLACK: 

Carolyn Murphy in Alexander Wang 

She is almost 40 and looks 20. Chic and simple. 



BEST ELEGANCE:

Bee Schaffer in Erdem

As the daughter of Anna, I doubt that any outfit is ever picked out without extreme consideration, but I am so happy that Bee picked this perfection. I'm sure she had loads and loads to choose from but this is elegant, timeless, youthful, and flattering. 


BEST SIMPLICITY:

Emily Blunt in Calvin Klein 

Yawn, some might say - we've seen this CK silhouette many times before. But it still looks great on her!



BEST FRENCH CHICK:

Poppy Delevigne in Chanel Haute Couture

Ok, I was running out of superlatives. I just like this. 


BEST OVERALL:

Caroline Sieber in Christopher Kane

This looks like Chanel, but more youthful - well done to you, Christopher Kane. It's playful, trendy, not too serious, and just an overall stand out. 


BEST RUFFLE:

Leslie Mann in Nina Ricci

Would have sworn this was Valentino, but all the same it is frothy goodness. Love how the black accents lighten the load. 



BEST BRIDAL COVER UP: 

Wendi Murdoch in Vera Wang

This dress makes me want to get married in coral. Not so much Met appropriate, but darling in silhouette and daring in color. 



BEST "NON-PRADA-Y PRADA"

Diane Kruger in Prada

Would have never guessed this was Prada, but me likey!



MOST FUN:

Karlie Kloss in Jason Wu


Sheer, lace, and pink - all signatures of Jason Wu and totally cute. 



MOST AGE APPROPRIATE: 

Hailee Steinfeld in Prada

I wonder if this was custom made for her - it is exactly what a pre-teen should be wearing if she's wearing Prada. 



BEST GATSBY:

Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren 

Enough already with the 90's lipstick. Despite it, I love this classic Ralph Lauren gown. 



BEST "I WEAR WHAT I WANT" MOMENT: 

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte

I thought this was Prada at first, but nice homage to Prada anyway. I like it. 



BEST FLORAL:

Sarah Jessica Parker in Valentino

aka "Best Use of the Drapes a la Sister Maria"
No, really, I do love this. She doesn't care. It feels very Carrie. 


BEST LOBSTER: 

Anna Wintour in custom Prada

I LOVE this nod to Schiaparelli - and white fur gets me every time. Chic, Anna!


BEST WEIRD HEMLINE:

Gwenyth Paltrow in Prada

There were lots. She wins. 


{all images :: getty}

1 comment:

  1. Great picks. And I agree with your best overall - I chose the same look! http://hillarychristine.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/met-gala-round-up/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...