Monday, June 11, 2012

Kate for Less: Dress Like the Duchess

 
I had a very special request from a friend of mine, Ms. Blake, who thinks "Princess Chic" is now going to be her signature style. Well done, you! as the Brits would say. For the first time, I put together a lovely Polyvore page of Kate-like items - all under $100. I've used Polyvore in the past as a search tool, but never really used it to make mock FOB (front-of-book - like the trend pages in a magazine) pages. Pretty neat! Here are Kate's basic outfit elements:
 
1. A colorful (usually) dress. This is said to be a directive from the Queen - you want to wear colors so that people far away can spot you.
2. Minimal, classic accessories. We all know that Kate loves those nude LK Bennett pumps and I have to agree, even though many of my friends shutter at the thought of a nude pump. (Boring!) But I think that's the point - she doesn't want to look dated, ever, when looking back on photos. Diana was usually very good about this, so I think she might be following her husband's mother here.
She also hardly wears jewelry - again, I wouldn't want to look back either 2, 5, 10 years from now and be like, what was that weird tribal necklace thing? But she does get crazy with the fascinators and hats because, well, she can. And those will always look outrageous!
3. Shiny hair. I want it. I hate her for having it. I ask for it every time and get limp locks. wa.   
 
Blake, my darling - enjoy!
 
 
Kate for Less


Draped dress
$68 - topshop.com

Oasis wrap dress
$95 - oasis-stores.com

Dorothy Perkins cap sleeve dress
$59 - dorothyperkins.com

Repetto ballet shoes
$265 - net-a-porter.com

ALDO leather high heels
$70 - aldoshoes.com

White House Black Market oversized clutch
$78 - whitehouseblackmarket.com

Banana republic handbag
$80 - bananarepublic.gap.com

Oasis clutch handbag
$52 - oasis-stores.com

Givenchy pearl earrings
$20 - nordstrom.com

Lisa Stewart cuff bracelet
$57 - endless.com

Coast feather hair accessory
£45 - debenhams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...