Monday, September 26, 2011

Making Ikea Interesting

And happy Monday to you all! My first post back from the fashion trenches has nothing to do with fashion, thankfully. This is an ingenious idea I came across on L’internets a while back that I have been dying to share with you. Everyone (yes, everyone, I know you Park Avenue girls have them too!) has a little bit o’ Ikea in their apartment. Just because I’m sacrificing quality – sometimes – doesn’t mean I should have to sacrifice a little style. Bring on O’verlays, the brain child of Danika and Cheryle, two design-focused friends. They are fretwork overlay panels that can go on any secondhand or Ikea-type piece of furniture for a totally custom look. They are paintable, too! Check out some of their patterns (and amazing PRICES!):

 

GIGI

13.75’’ sq

$18.25

GREEK KEY BY THE FOOT

$2.25/foot

 

PAGODA

7.5x29’’

$18.50

CACI

7x14’’

$10.00

HARPER BY THE FOOT

$2.25

 

How affordable is that? Now onto the good stuff…check out the finished images of how awesome O’verlays + Ikea can be!

overlays1 overlays5 overlays4 overlays3 overlays2

I’m planning a trip to Ikea this week to get a new dresser – which O’verlay should I get?? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...