Thursday, February 2, 2012

Healthy & Delicious: Broccoli Slaw Adapted

So a new addition to my DVR (this is what happens when you're at home during the day) has been Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. While some of her recipes are kind of boring, I do like a lot of them for their substitutions. One such recipe was on the other day - Creamy Broccoli Slaw. I got really excited because it seemed easy, until I realized I don't have a food processor with a shred blade. But I do have a food processor I love! So anyway, I did the next best thing and adapted her adapted recipe. Enjoy!


{not the prettiest picture, but instagram makes things a little cuter!}

1 bunch broccoli (with long stalks if possible)
1-2 large carrots (optional - I didn't have any on hand so I didn't use any)
Handful of roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup non-fat greek yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I used Smart Balance - it tasted fine, but you can use real mayo here since it's so little)
2 tablespoons brown mustard
salt and pepper to taste

shred, peel, or julienne the broccoli stalks, trimming off any excess hard parts on the outside of the stalk. do the carrots the same way if you're using them.

cut the florets close to the top so that the bits fall into tiny pieces. chop finely.

mix mustard, mayo, and greek yogurt together. stir into the vegetables. add sunflower seeds. 

chill and store up to 2 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...