Thursday, February 2, 2012

Table Makeover, And How to Get Spray Paint off Your Face

I'm on a quest to keep myself busy during the day and thought yesterday would be a great day to paint my old table. My best and I found this literally outside our old apartment down in Chinatown - just hanging out in front of our door! It was fate. Originally it was a gross, dirty white-ish color and we painted it turquoise to go in our color explosion of a living room.

In an effort to make a more cohesive bedroom space, I decided to paint it. It was 50 degrees out and calm....on the street. On the 5th floor balcony at the back of the building, it was like hurricane winds. I didn't let that discourage me, though. Nor did I let the spray paint that ended up in my hair. Or on my face. And under my nails. Fun fact: makeup remover or any other oil based remover gets spray paint off your body and good old shampoo gets it out of your hair. Although maybe I should have left the gold in - it looked cool with the black of my hair.

Et voila, my new table! It's a little too bright gold, but I like it with my Sea Island prints over my bed. I'm doing the best I can with a New York apartment. Say hi to Augusta who's chilling right there in the pillows!


Ignore my medicine cabinet beneath the table and the cord to my humidifier. I'm pretty pleased! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...