Back with the shrimp again! Here is my summertime favorite, shrimp salad - just in time before summer disappears!
OLD BAY SHRIMP SALAD
via Southern Living
- 3 quarts water
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 8 green leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
- Assorted crackers (optional)
- Bring 3 quarts water and 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning to a boil in a Dutch oven; add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain. Pour shrimp into a 13- x 9-inch pan to cool. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; chop shrimp.
- Stir together celery and next 5 ingredients; stir in shrimp. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve on lettuce leaves with assorted crackers, if desired.
- Shrimp Rolls: Place 1 lettuce leaf on top of each 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas. Top each evenly with 1/2 cup Old Bay Shrimp Salad and 3 or 4 avocado slices. Roll up tortillas, and secure with thick, round wooden picks. Cut in half. Makes 8 servings.
- Shrimp Pitas: Cut 12 mini pita pockets in half. Stuff pockets with Old Bay Shrimp Salad. Makes 8 servings.