Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Recently on my Radar: Books

I love books. We all know this. But I LOVE sharing my books, too! Below are a few that I've read in the past 2 weeks - what are you reading? 

Be sure to follow me on Goodreads so that you can stay up to date on what I'm reading!


The Cailiffs of Baghdad, Georgia - I'm currently in this one, about a Depression-era Georgia town that gets exposed to a little Middle Eastern flair.
Blog, INC - Joy from Oh Joy! has a great book out for blogging - whether or not you already have one or want one, it's full of interesting interviews with people like Jamie Beck at From Me To You and other favorite bloggers. Even if you're a seasoned pro, you'll enjoy this book.
A Covert Affair - Paul and Julia Child were in the OSS during the war and it chronicles their time there through their friend, the alleged Russian spy Jane Foster. Interesting book but I wish there was more about Julia and Paul. The pieces that are there, though, are fascinating, as is the wartime perspective.
Gone Girl - GET THIS BOOK. I read Dark Places and wasn't that impressed, but Gone Girl literally took my breath away. The hype is real, people. This book will make you think. 
The Receptionist - A fun look into The New Yorker during one woman's long career as a receptionist there. 

2 comments:

  1. Just finished Gone Girl too! It was a little soap opera-y but definitely kept me hooked and I totally wanted to see where it was going next. I'll have to check out some of your other reads - always looking for something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare for a book to keep me going like that - and for me to be surprised. I've read a LOT of really messed up stuff but this was up there. Follow me on goodreads and I'll follow you back so we can share books!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...