Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammy Fashion Superlatives


So the Grammys were last night! Did you watch? I found them kind of bor-ing. The red carpet at The Grammys is usually where really weird stuff comes strutting down the carpet, lest we forget moments like these:


#YIKES! And now I present to you my fashion superlatives for Grammys fashion last night. Hopefully the Oscars won't be as boring as the last 12 awards shows have been...yawn.


Most Irrelevant Guest/Best Color: Karlie Kloss in Michael Kors


I love Karlie, so whatever, but like what are you doing at the Grammys? DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S NYFW?? Perhaps she doesn't follow anyone on Twitter or Instagram.

Second Most Irrelevant Dress/Best Sparkle - Allison Williams in KaufmanFranco


I love me some Kaufman Franco and this just looks effortless, no? As much as I want to hate her, I can't. She's not the one who wore a mesh tank top on TV and made us all watch her.

Best Rock n' Roll - Florence Welch in custom Givenchy


Way to rock it out finally, Flo! Love this use of emerald (pantone color of the year, blah blah we all know). She looks fierce and like she could strangle you with her vocal cords. Love.


Best WTF I Hate You/I Love You Moment - Rihanna in Alaia


I am so down on RiRi these days for a number of reasons, least of all the Chris Brown thing and the fact that her music gives me seizures. But this is stunning. Nobody looks bad in Alaia.


Most Likely to Have Gotten the Date Wrong - Alexa Chung in Valentino


I love Valentino and Alexa doesn't make my skin crawl, but this is the Grammys, not a picnic in France. Regardless, I still love the dress and total look, although she totally looks like July instead of February. Maybe she just came from New York and the Blizzard that was/wasn't and she needed a bit of refreshment. 

What did you think of the Grammys and everyone's looks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...